In my demo environment, I have VRLI 4.7 (VMware Realize Log Insight) installed which will be upgraded to VRLI 4.8.
Please find the steps of the upgrade process:-
1) In my environment, I have installed 3 nodes of VRLI
VRLI1 - 10.0.0.10
VRLI2 - 10.0.0.11
VRLI3 - 10.0.0.12
2) Take a backup of all the 3 appliances of the VRLI from the backup software
like Netbackup or Avamar used in your environment.
3) Take a snapshot of all the 3 nodes without memory before starting the upgrade.
4) Download the required binary ISO file from the VMware website or from
your internal repository (whichever is applicable).
5) Upload the downloaded ISO to the shared data-store.
6) Now mount the ISO to the VRLI primary node.
7) Login to the primary VRLI node with your username and password.
For example:- https://10.0.0.10/admin
8) Click on Cluster option under the Management option.
9) Choose the option Upgrade Cluster.
10) A dialog box would open indicating with the message " Are you sure that you want to upgrade". Choose the option Upgrade.
11) Now accept the End user license agreement to start the upgrade.
12) Once the upgrade of VRLI1 - 10.0.0.10 is complete it would reboot. Once the node is rebooted, the VRLI2 and VRLI3 nodes will be upgraded automatically.
13) Delete the snapshots taken previously.
This completes the process of VRLI upgrade from 4.7 to 4.8.